The Cardiologist and the Internet
I will be giving a presentation on "Cardiologist and the Internet" on the 18th of September 1999 at HUKM and decided to "kill two birds with one stone" with this article. There are lots of cardiology related sites on the Internet and to cover all is impossible. These are among a few sites that I have come across which I found to be useful.
General Cardiology sites
Martindale's Health Science Guide - 1999 site offers a virtual one-stop site for interesting cardiology sites. The "Cardiology Center" has been divided into HEART & CARDIOVASCULAR DEVELOPMENT & FUNCTION, COURSES & TUTORIALS, CASES & TEACHING FILES, DATABASES, ARTIFICIAL HEART, VALVES & PULSE GENERATORS, and CARDIOLOGY SOUNDS & IMAGES. Tons of informative information.
Offers research, information, ongoing clinical trials, and news regarding cardiovascular health.
A great site for Interventional Cardiology Information.
General information for patients and physicians.
The WHO Cardiovascular Diseases programme provides advice and methods on prevention, standards for care, and advises governments on policies and strategies for monitoring and surveillance of the disease situation in their respective countries.
Health related news.
- ELECTROCARDIOGRAPHY- OUTLINE OF - F.G. Yanowitz, Department of Medicine and the Alan E. Linsay ECG Learing Center, University of Utah School of Medicine
- ECG LIBRARY - D. Jenkins, Llandough Hospital, Cardiff, Wales & S. Gerred, Waikato Hospital, New Zealand
- EKG WORLD ENCYCLOPEDIA - Editor- M.D. Rosengarten, Online Journal of Cardiology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- A Guide to Reading and Understanding the EKG (my favourite)
- Arrhythmia Recognition
- ECG Interpretation - ECG interpretation, EKG, ECG interpretation, electrocardiography, electrocardiogram: Come and join the information age
- The Virtual Body - See Heart
An interactive presentation of the heart. Requires Macromedia's SHOCKWAVE.
- ATLAS OF MYOCARDIAL PERFUSION SPECT - F. Mannting, P.K. Chandak, Y.V. Zabrodina & B.L. Holman, Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- The Visible Human Project® is an outgrowth of the NLM's 1986 Long-Range Plan. It is the creation of complete, anatomically detailed, three-dimensional representations of the normal male and female human bodies. Acquisition of transverse CT, MR and cryosection images of representative male and female cadavers has been completed. The male was sectioned at one millimeter intervals, the female at one-third of a millimeter intervals.
A resource site for cardiac and pulmonary auscultation.
- Virtual Hospital - Illustrated Encyclopedia of Human Anatomic Variation
Journals and Association / Society sites
- Cardiology Journals
A comprehensive list of cardiology journals
This covers at least the sites that I have visited. If you have any site that you feel should be included drop me an email. This page can be updated unlike the published article in which it is in.
With that I let your "mouse" or your "keyboard" do the "talking".
Till next month, "Happy Surfing".
Cyberdoc (firstname.lastname@example.org )
The links to URL mentioned above are valid at the time of writing (12 September 1999). Last Updated 23 May 2005.
This page can be accessed at http://www.vadscorner.com/internet31.html or at http://www.vadscorner.com/mma_internet.html.
Vads Corner Homepage