Recently there has been a lot of activity by the Ministry of Health in conjunction with the World Mental Health Day which was on 10 October 1998. These activities started on the 5 of September 1998. In line with this, here are some useful sites related to Mental Health.
Probably the most comprehensive site on Mental Health on the Internet. Internet Mental Health is a free encyclopedia of mental health information.
Internet Mental Health ( http://www.mentalhealth.com/ ) is for anyone who has an interest in mental health:
- Mental health professionals
- Patients who want to learn more about their illness
- Friends and families of patients
- Mental health support groups
- Members of the general public who want to learn more about mental health
Mental Health Net (domain for sale May 2018)
This site( http://www.mentalhealth.net/) provides you with an easy-to-use, friendly resource in which to access all the mental health topics on the Internet.
The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) ( http://www.nimh.nih.gov/ ) conducts and supports research nationwide on mental illness and mental health, including studies of the brain, behavior, and mental health services. NIMH is a part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the principal biomedical and behavioral research agency of the United States Government. NIH is a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Some interseting information on Mental illness.
Mental Health Assessment can be done here. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/tests/health/mental-health-assessment
Online Depression Screening Test
Exactly what it means,an online depression screening test. From Psycom and from Screenining MentalhealthAmerica
Our Malaysian online psychiatric association at https://www.psychiatry-malaysia.org/ .
Suggestions from Monica Smith from email@example.com via email on 19th April 2018
- Addiction and the Adopted Child: A Look at the Links
- Trusted Counsel: Does Your Tween Need Therapy?
- The Emotional and Psychological Effects of Cancer
- When Grief Becomes a Mental Health Issue
- Becoming a Happy Empty Nester
- Understanding Mental Health Issues in Seniors
- Helping a Friend or Family Member with Depression or Bipolar Disorder
With that I let your "mouse" or your "keyboard" do the "talking".
Till next month, "Happy Surfing".
The links to URL mentioned above are valid at the time of writing (17 October 1998).
This page can be accessed at http://www.vadscorner.com/internet20.html or at http://www.vadscorner.com/mma_internet.html.
Last Updated 5th May 2018